Tuesday, May 25, 2010

#12 GOOD TO BE BACK

I've been away from the city for almost two months. In my absence, I suspect my boyfriend has found someone new.

He warned me - He would not be alone, could NOT be alone!

What a baby. But we all have our needs. Oh so many needs. One gets weary just enumerating them, just paying them their due. Our needs become our screeds. (We are in hell.)

But yes, I'm certain he's found someone new. I don't know her name yet; it could be someone he met in my absence or someone from the dark, deadly past. Or it could be just a rumor. Maybe it's Christine McVie. He's always had a thing for her. He thought she was better than Stevie Nicks and often said so.

It's possible that I dreamt it so I just gave him a call to see if he still remembers me. Just barely, I can tell you. Something IS up. He didn't answer any of my questions - but just dissembled. While normally so gifted in this art form, he found it was too much work and brushed off any real communication with little useless lemming-like responses. (Admittedly he was caught off guard.)

The call ended on a vague note with ambiguous plans for an ambivalent date. Much can happen in two months. Yes, I'm sure he's found a new girlfriend. I just hope I can find a new boyfriend; I'm not interested in Mick Fleetwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment